Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 82: Reported

Credit Score: 653
Phone calls: 12
Emails: 3
Paper: 12

Just like at a restaurant, someone goes to the bathroom and the food arrives. I go out of town for a few days, and finally get reported to the credit agencies on Day 77. I now have 131 on-time payments and 132 total payments on my entire credit report. So perhaps I've only been reported for being 30 days late, not 90 like I technically am. It was a nice, big, 60-point wallop either way.

I've also been upgraded to non-automated voicemails. I got my first real person calling recently. We also got our first in-person paper delivery a while ago, but I neglected to mention. There was a small envelope on our door knob one day with a template paper for leaving messages. Blank lines to fill in subject, phone number, and the receiver's name. It was odd to get a hand-written message on the door telling me to call "the bank" concerning "your mortgage". Awkward... They know where I live!

4 comments:

  1. Have you issued a "Cease and desist" order to the bank regarding these notices? I talked to YouWalkAway.com once and they said that's a service they provide (in addition to foreclosure and tax services). Thanks, Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, no, I haven't issued a cease and desist order. I hadn't considered that. I was aware of YouWalkAway.com but didn't really care for the fact that they charge money. I'm hoping to do this without spending more than necessary (lawyer was necessary, daily access to my credit report was not).
      It's definitely something to consider though, and maybe something I can learn to do myself. I'd worry about antagonizing the bank though, in case it's enough to make them decide to sue instead of foreclose. For now, it's not bothering me all that much.

      Delete
  2. Sounds reasonable. Maybe there is risk and it could worsen the situation. I hope to learn from your experience. Thank you. Speaking of the DIY approach, I saw this book the other day on Google News, wonder if it's worth it: www.amazon.com/Short-Sale-Secrets-Exposed-Banks/dp/146914851X

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't need to pay any money to send a cease and desist. next time the bank calls ask for the fax number for you to send the cease and desist order. then google around for a sample letter.

    http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre18.shtm

    ReplyDelete